Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let's party like it's 1887


"Couldn't find any cool 1887 screens... Fail..."

Seems the latest patch for Modern Warfare 2 really "fixed" the Model 1887 akimbo, since after playing plenty of rounds today I didn't see anyone running around with them. What, they're not cool anymore?

So how does IWNet hold so far? Well lets see, host migration works only half the time, and if it does there is a pretty good chance for the game to be unplayable because of lag, lobbies are randomly closing, getting a playable Ground War or anything really other than Team Deathmatch and Domination is a challenge, if not impossible, and of course I'm doomed to be playing with the same people all the time. Almost forgot to mention the lack of in game balancing, since you can't even manually switch teams. Five versus two is not fun no matter which team you're on. Not good.

Had a funny bug today as well, when I got back online after my router went all crazy on me. It just kept on throwing me in a specific game, even though I was just trying to join my buddy's game or lobby. Even weirder, same thing happend when my buddy tried to accept my invitation. He just got an error, and I got thrown back to that evil match. Hurray.


 "Taken from Xfire tonight, just for the fun of it."

Certainly, the patch, which had a couple of glitches fixed as well, is a good -tiny- step for Infinity Ward, but there is still a long way to go if they want to keep their user base, and eventually replace the first title of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment